A self-paced informative and practical e-course for yoga teachers, mothers, yoga students, pregnant women and every woman who is keen to explore and restore her pelvic floor.
This course offers a comprehensive theoretical exploration of the pelvic floor as well as a practical application of pelvic floor enlivening, awareness and restoration.
We will cover the anatomy of the pelvic floor and gain a clear understanding of these important but often neglected muscles that contribute so much to our health and wellbeing. We will also engage in some potent practical exercises, visualisations and meditations to relax, tone, strengthen and nourish the pelvic floor.
In Chinese Medicine these muscles are known as 'the muscles of longevity'. In Daoist philosophy, they provide us with a means to access greater levels of vitality. Yet every day, women are at risk of compromising these muscles without realising it. Especially during exercise and yoga classes.
Learn how to prevent injury, to cue and engage the pelvic floor accurately during exercise, to gently stretch these muscles if you have high tone and how to gently tone and strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. Learn how to manage prolapse and be empowered to find your inner power as a woman.
This course caters to all stages and abilities.
Who is this course for?
• women who have been experiencing issues with their pelvic floor such as incontinence, pelvic pain, pelvic organ prolapse (POP) and pelvic dysfunction
• pregnant or post partum women to support pregnancy and pelvic floor recovery postpartum
• yoga teachers who would like to learn how to cue and safely manage women's bodies in their yoga classes to protect the pelvic floor
Benefits of the course
• greater levels of vitality and energy
• improved continence - no more leaking
• restore good posture
• establish safer natural movement patterns
• elevated awareness and connection to your power centre and core strength
• reduce back pain
This course is delivered in easy, bite-sized lessons.
* webinars devoted to intimately understanding, exploring and restoring your pelvic floor
* 6 audio pelvic floor practices with transcripts for easy delivery
* an 'Explore and Restore the Pelvic Floor' yoga class with Lisa for pelvic floor restoration, nourishment and enlivening
* a 'Pelvic Floor Makeover - 6 weeks to Female Pelvic Power' - choose your daily practice
Yoga Alliance recognised Professional Development Training = 5hrs.
Lisa Fitzpatrick is a passionate advocate for women's embodiment, feminine leadership and holistic health and well-being. She has been a physiotherapist for over 25 years and a yoga anatomy teacher since 2007. Lisa is the creator of Sacred Women's Business Coaching, specialising in training, education and coaching for women.